I love strawberries. And strawberry shortcake. And who doesn’t love cupcakes?! This recipe is adapted from one from Oishii Treats, I doctored it to make them a little lighter, and opted for a whipped cream (dairy free!!) topping rather than buttercream frosting.
Makes about 14 cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup earth balance buttery spread
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh, finely diced strawberries
- 1 package of Soyatoo
- 1/2 cup fresh, finely diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together to mix and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the vanilla extract to the butter mixture. Then add the eggs one at a time.
- Reduce speed to low and add in the milk and flour mixture in 2 batches, starting with the flour and alternating with the milk.
- Fold in the diced strawberries with a spatula.
- Fill your cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cool, prepare the whipped topping:
- Whip all of the Soyatoo in an electric mixture fitted with whisk attachment.
- Fold in in diced strawberries.
- Top your cupcakes with whip cream, and devour!!!! We ate all of ours in a day!