First off, how long it has been since my last post! I don’t like to make excuses, but I had finals, then I did a lot of cooking without posting, and then I went on a two week road-trip! It was a lot of fun, but I have missed sharing with you all! This recipe is from Gimme Some Oven, and it was great!
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and any yellowed/browned outer leaves removed, then sliced in half
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 lb pasta
- 4 chicken sausage links (I used spicy Italian), sliced into 1/4″ thick coins
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pesto
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix brussels sprouts, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then spread the brussels sprouts on it evenly. Roast for about 20-30 minutes, stirring once partway through, or until they are crispy on the outside and cooked on the inside. (My batch of tiny sprouts only took about 12 minutes to cook.) Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until nearly-browned, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic, and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the sausage is browned.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. (I begin heating my water while preparing the brussel sprouts, and added the pasta to the boiling water just after beginning to cook the sausage.) Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and then toss together the pasta, pesto, cooked sausage and garlic, and brussels sprouts.
- Serve warm, and sprinkle with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.