I have always loved TJ’s chili lime chicken burgers, but they would be so much better if they were organic! So when I found this recipe at Iowa Girl Eats I was thrilled! I could make them myself with all organic ingredients! They were easy to throw together and they tasted fantastic! I will surely make these again, they are healthier and yummier than regular burgers.
- 1lb ground chicken
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 4 buns, toasted
- Combine chicken, green onions, bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and juice of half a lime in a large bowl.
- Mix until thoroughly combined, then form into 4 patties and spray each side generously with non-stick spray.
- Heat a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Grill burgers for 3-4 minutes a side, or until cooked all the way through.
- Top with slices of avocado and serve with salad.