Ever since I went to Ireland last summer, I have had an inkling for more delicious Irish food. This is my first attempt at making some myself! This recipe is from Lauren’s Latest, and it is FANTASTIC. It takes a while to make, but is not too hard at all.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. stew meat
- 4 large carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- heaping 1/3 cup frozen peas
- mashed potatoes
- In large pot or deep skillet, brown stew meat in olive oil until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Pour in onions, carrots, garlic and spices. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with beef broth. Cover and simmer 2-4 hours or until meat is very tender.
- When you are ready to serve, in a small bowl stir softened butter and flour together until smooth and incorporated.
- Stir butter mixture into the stew with the frozen peas. Once the gravy thickens slightly, it’s done.
- Serve hot over mashed potatoes.
- Have some Irish beer (with your food of course)!