If you like cheese or goat cheese in particular, you will love these. If you don’t, but you like chocolate, you’ll love the cupcake part. Either way, you should try them. They got left out on my kitchen and my cat licked almost half of the icing off of an entire cupcake! Needless to say she is a cheese lover and lover of food in general. I adapted this recipe from Butrcreamblondi.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2teaspoon. vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 14 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make coffee and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Sift dries together.
- Alternate adding the dries with the coffee and buttermilk.
- Fill cupcake pans and bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes rotating once halfway through.
- Cream goat cheese, light brown sugar, and vanilla on medium speed till creamy.
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar till stiff.
- Fold whipped cream into goat cheese mixture and refrigerate till ready to use.