This isn’t exactly a recipe because the measurements aren’t exact. This tends to happen whenever I experiment and come up with something. I just use whatever seems to be the right amount of flavor.
- 2 Chicken breasts or one huge one
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- vegetable oil
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- your favorite teriyaki sauce or asian inspired marinade
- mandarin orange slices if you have them (I didn’t this time)
- Start to cook rice as directed. Once it is simmering you’ll start the chicken.
- Oil a large pan or wok with the vegetable and sesame oils
- Add soy sauce.
- Begin to cook chicken in oil/soy sauce.
- Once the chicken is no longer pink on the outside, sprinkle each breast with a handful of sesame seeds.
- Begin to cook your peas in a separate pot.
- Add teriyaki or other marinade/sauce of your choice, and the mandarins if you have them.
- Continue to cook until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Put chicken over rice, add some peas, and top with more soy sauce and sriracha sauce.