Goulash is a Hungarian dish which there are many variations of. I found a recipe for one version at How To- Simplify, adapted it, and this was the result. This is a yummy and healthy dish that is not too difficult to make. It is a bit time consuming, but worth it.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni
- Saute ground turkey in frying or sauce pan over medium-high heat until browned. Strain grease.
- Add the onions, cook for about five minutes.
- Add water, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, and seasoned salt. Stir, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the macaroni, stir, cover and simmer 20-25 minutes.