My mom sent me this beautiful pasta for Valentine’s Day. I knew I would have to use it for something that wouldn’t cover it, it was too pretty to change!
This is an easy recipe that you can throw together quickly as long as you have some basic ingredients in your cupboard and freezer. And I came up with it myself!
- 1 chicken breast, fully cooked and cut into small cubes (I boiled mine about 15-20 minutes right out of the freezer and it was fully cooked)
- 1 1/2-2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb pasta
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- extra cheese and red pepper flakes to garnish
- Cook chicken according to instructions.
- Put water on to boil for pasta- once ready throw pasta in.
- Meanwhile, saute garlic and olive oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken broth and peas to garlic/olive oil.
- When chicken is fully cooked and cut, add it to the chicken broth mixture, then add red pepper and cheese. Cover and let simmer while pasta finishes cooking.
- When pasta is done cooking, stir it into the broth, chicken, and peas.
- Serve and top with lots of extra cheese.