Sorry it has been so long since my last post- I have been super busy and sick so it has been a challenge to find the time and energy for anything.
This year for Valentine’s day I wanted to try something I had never done before. I had never made cheesecake so when I found this recipe on Epicurean Mom I was so excited because not only was it a cheesecake recipe, it was perfect for the occasion! I followed the recipe exactly, except that I didn’t have a 9×9 pan. I used an 8×8 so mine came out a little taller than the original, but they tasted SO good. I was very proud of myself, as I had expected cheesecake to be a huge challenge. Though, I may have cheated a little bit with this recipe since I didn’t have to use a spring-form pan or anything.
I hope this post finds you happy, healthy, and abundantly loved!
Ingredients and how to:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan with butter. Lay parchment paper over the top of the pan, leaving a slight overhang, repeat with other side.
- Crumble graham crackers in a bowl of a food processor, pulse until mealy.
- Add the remaining ingredients, pulse until well combined.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into the lined baking dish. Evenly and firmly pat down with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until just set. Set aside.
- Leave oven on for cheesecake hearts!!
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of food processor, process until well combined. Consistency should be very smooth.
- Pour into prepared graham cracker crust.
- Place blackberries onto filling and poke down until partially exposed or completely covered.
- Bake in already preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, until set and middle jiggles just slightly.
- Let cool for at least an hour at room temperature then cool in fridge for 3 hours.
- Using the parchment overhang, carefully remove cheesecake from pan and cut into bars or cut into cute shapes (hearts!!).